I went to Nashville this past weekend to sing in a wedding for a roommate (or housemate) from college and got to spend some time with some dear friends from college. Every time I am with people that I went to college with or that are from my life pre-teacher, I feel older and different. I feel like I have grown into myself so much in the last three or four years. I am also really proud of who we are becoming...hopefully that makes sense. Yes, I am not very far removed from college, but I feel like my life is worth something and that the work I do each day makes an impact. And as I look at people who meant a lot to me when we really had limited direction, except to have fun and enjoy our time together, I see others who are making a difference and who are using their lives well for the good of others.
We were at the wedding reception and then later downtown Nashville and I just felt so content and happy. My life is full. I am single and free and the possibilities are endless of what is to come. Yes, at moments that scares me so much that I want to cry, but most of the time, it gives me great joy because I realize that this time is a gift. This is a time that is wide open and full of meaning and of dreams realized and of trying to get it right. And maybe that is what life is at all points...we just have to realize it.
Hey there, Sweetie,
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing to see what God will do??? What a blessing to wait and see Him work instead of us!
Love you ... Aunt Pam