Friday, May 18, 2012

Dreaming...

I know that we must all dream....I know this is true literally and figuratively.  I rarely remember my dreams...I never have been able to keep them more than about 5 minutes after I wake up in the morning. 

Dreaming is a part of the subconscious...it is unknown...it reveals a part of our brains that is not logical....it is completely right brain activity that goes uncensored.  We only dream when nothing is allowed to interfere with that creative, uninhibited part of ourselves.  I have often prayed that God will give me dreams and visions of what is to come, of who I am created to be in the moment, in this world.  I may have received them, but alas, I don't remember them.

Why are some people given dreams and visions?  We see people, throughout time and history, that have been given dreams and visions that have changed the course of their lives and sometimes the course of a people.  God used the time when they were at rest, when they let go of their ability to reason with themselves or God (haha) to allow them to dream His/Her dreams. 

From a figurative perspective, this is true as well...we must let go...we must stop dwelling on what we know, what we can see, what makes sense, what is comfortable...in order to dream. 

May we have enough sense to rest, enough rest to dream, and enough dreams to become foolish for the sake of the good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment