Monday, February 4, 2013

In the Middle of the Night...

No, I won't start singing "A weem a way, a weem a way..." Wait, maybe I just did...Anyway, I've been waking up a lot lately in the middle of the night.  This is not typical behavior for me.  I just turned 30...is this a sign of my age?  Probably not...I have been waking up with verses, words, and ideas...I prayed a long time ago that I would have dreams (literal) of what I was supposed to do...wouldn't that be nice?

So, now I just get awakened in the night with words and I know they are not from my own brain...help it, at that time, there's no telling what activity my brain can handle.  Last night I woke up at 2:00 a.m. and just kept reciting "Do justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with your God."  And that question kept coming to me, "God, what do you want us to do?"  You see, I struggle with selfishness...I can see what I want, or what I think is best...and then IIIIIII takes over...and IIIIIII have to stop.  God's will is way more important than my own.  So, I know this is short, but God, what do you want me to do?  What do you want us to do?  What is best for me?  What is best for those around me?

Help me to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly behind you, alongside you, but never in front of you.

Amen.  So be it, Lord...a weem a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment