Monday, January 5, 2015

Journey

Sorry I didn't finish up my December writings up until Christmas...it was a little nuts with traveling and such and no computer to speak of, except for the tiny keypad of my Iphone, which isn't intended for long, thoughtful writing.

Anyway, over these last two weeks of vacation, I have been through so many emotions....happiness, joy, sadness, deep love, gratitude...and things have changed...the way we celebrate, two baby girls opening gifts and that being more important than opening your own gifts.  

This is what I know...life is process.  It is ever evolving...and so we must change.  Sometimes it feels like I am watching life happen when all of these changes occur, and yet, I am IN it!  

I had a soft heart this Christmas...I allowed God to soften my spirit to allow the Christ child to come again in my heart and make a difference.  I cried.  I felt.  I laughed.  I hugged and snuggled and prayed that those little girls know how much God and I love them.  And because my heart was softened, I was able to see that the journey has not ended.  Just as life is process and change, so is our journey of faith.  It should not stay the same.  It evolves.  We change.  We listen differently. We love more fully.  We mess up and try again.  If we are wise, we continue searching for the Christ child.  We ignore the Herods of our day and we focus on the light.

God is light.  Life is process.  Faith is evolved.  Amen.  So be it, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment