
Tomorrow will make one official week of being "out of school" and I have been bored out of my mind. I know, I know...most people would be so grateful to have time off of work...especially this much time and I am, but I am finding it hard to fill the hours and days. Working with four and five year old children does something to you--almost makes you one of them! I find myself unable to sit for long periods of time, looking for what is next, etc....at school we are constantly moving, constantly doing, constantly in a stage of awareness of everything! Anyway, so that's my life right now...trying to fill the days...laundry, cleaning, reading, exercising, and shopping (yes...i said it and I hate it). I'm trying to write, to gather my thoughts and try to send them off to someone who may think they are worth something. I am figuring out that I may be a decent writer, but the schedule a writer keeps is not for me...I don't have discipline to get up, write for a few hours, do something else, write some more, and so forth. I need structure. I like schedules and routine. I don't think I knew this about myself fully until recently.
Now to the changes looming...I am going back to school, back to Carson-Newman in TN to get my Masters in Teaching English as a Second Language. This is a major step after being at home for three years...yes, three years. I can't believe it has been that long since I moved home from Chicago. Whew...a lot has changed since then. The family is experiencing changes as well--my brother is getting married in August...we always said he would be first! He is marrying a girl that is amazing and fits into our family perfectly...all of those prayers were heard and answered long ago. Jamie has always been special to me...my boy baby as I called him when I was little...we don't talk a whole lot (he doesn't talk a lot to begin with), but we have an unspoken closeness if that makes sense. Our small family of five will soon grow and change...I knew this day would come, but it's just strange to think about. Bethany, my sis, will be leaving her job in August or at the end of August and has no idea what she is going to do. And my parents are trying to figure things out...my dad is interviewing for teaching positions and we are all hoping to hear something soon.
So...changes all around...prayers would be greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment