I feel like the past week and a half has been quite the whirlwind. I went up to ATL to my sister's on Friday, picked Grace up from the airport Saturday, and drove down to Sylvester on Sunday. Grace and I toured Sylvester (which took a total of 10 minutes) and Albany on Monday...ate pink hot dogs with coleslaw, delicious cookies, and vegetables fresh out of the garden, and walked by the river with big oak trees. Tuesday we headed to the Ichetucknee River and floated down it with two friends....it was a delight. You know when you have those almost perfect days when everything seems right with the world...it's when we allow simplicity to have its way...glorious. We floated, laughed, flipped over in our tubes, talked, and just enjoyed the day. Wednesday, Grace and I headed back to ATL and spent some time with Sherikaboo...we went to the MLK, Jr. Center/campus that afternoon and ran into people from Chicago...go figure...Dr. Perkins was there. We stayed in the AC while they had a nice (i'm assuming) memorial outside and we decided that Scoretta King may have existed. We hung out like we've never left each other and like three years has not passed between us. Thursday we ate at Waffle House...mmm...and then Grace and I headed to THE AMERICAN IDOL auditions in ATL...hahaha...we were soooo pumped! We sat outside for hours hoping to see "dreams die here" (quote directly from Grace). It wasn't as dramatic as we hoped, but wow...just to be outside! There are some crazies out there. Then we headed to the Coca Cola Museum and tasted every coca cola product...haha...wish I had video of that! Then we walked downtown and found the Patriotism Museum...AHHHH MAZING! There will be pictures...don't you worry! Then I reluctantly drove Grace to the airport....wah wah. Friday my sis and I headed to Sylvester and stayed until Sunday when I drove her back and headed back home Monday.
See...whirlwind, right?!
Throughout the week, I was reminded time and time again how wonderful it is to know people and to be known. It's so easy to be with certain people...it felt so natural to be around Grace again...almost to the point that I take it for granted...you know? This happens with some people I've known all of my life and others that I have just started to get to know...it is such a blessing...and so filled with the Spirit that I almost miss it sometimes.
This ordinary, every day comfort of good friends and people to love and to be loved by is such an intricate part of the kingdom and is so natural...sometimes I wonder if that's why we miss the kingdom so often?
thanks for capturing the essence of our time together. i miss it (and you) already. i owe you pictures and an email or two.
ReplyDeletep.s. the sylvester tour took at least 15 minutes.