Thought it was time for a little story time with Melodie...and a light one at that.
Today I was walking Banjo, the dog...he is quite the hyper dog and likes to sniff out everything. So, every day for the past week he has sniffed at this one spot along the walking trail. Well, today I wasn't paying attention and half of his head disappeared into the grass/growth along the trail. So, being the great dog walker that I am, I yanked and yanked on the leash until he came out of the hole. The whole time I was yanking I was thinking, "what if there's a snake in there or something."
Well, out of the hole pops Banjo with a........POSSUM in his mouth!!! You read that correctly...a possum...huge possum...like eyes bulging and huge rat looking thing...possums are way gross.
So I immediately start running away from banjo and p-doodle the possum....when I realized that I'm still holding the leash and that I have to keep holding the leash because I'm responsible for this crazy dog who is holding a possum in his mouth! So I just jump up and down, scream, and generally freak out...and it worked. Banjo dropped the possum and started running WITH me away from the, what I thought was, dead p-doodle.
But, oh no...p-doodle possum was not dead...when we came back, p-doodle was back in his hole or somewhere else! I thought bulging eyes p-doodle was dead when banjo found him, but I was wrong...he was just playing possum.
No comments:
Post a Comment