Well, I missed a day...but, with good reason! I am officially an Aunt...for real this time...my brother, Jamie, and his wife, Melonie, gave birth to a healthy baby girl last night...Miley Mae...the most precious thing I've ever seen.
I overheard my dad this morning say, "We're not done with Christmas shopping, but it doesn't matter. Miley is our gift." New life...life that is connected to you in such a basic way...watching your sibling give life to another...what an amazing gift. I have had these moments all day...you know those Holy Spirit moments where your chest tightens and your heart feels so full that your eyes brim with tears? I hope you know those moments.
We are singing a song Sunday titled "Be Born in Me"....there are several lines that I will probably reference in the days to come...but one has stuck with me today..."Before my head agrees, my heart is on its knees. Holy is He. Blessed am I." Sometimes, if we stop and allow it, God will surprise us with the things of the heart...and move in us in ways that can only be Holy Spirit moments. And we will be better off for it...the gifts are all around us...in the embrace of a parent, in the laughter of a child, in the sarcasm of a fifth grader, in the songs of 4 and 5 year olds, in the beauty of a sunset over the mountains, in the birth of a child. Jesus is born every day....have you gone to see him? Is your heart on its knees? Holy is He. Blessed am I.
No comments:
Post a Comment