Do you ever have days where everything seems to break down at once? It's like a downward spiral...and seems out of your control....yesterday, for example....police station, followed by the bank, workout, cream cheese explosion, pineapple soup, crackers that weren't "cracked," almost 2 hour meeting in which I felt like a 5 year old that couldn't sit still....finally getting home around 9:00....just another Manic Monday?! I spilled my coffee this morning, drove to work thinking "did I put deodorant on?" Hopefully this is making you feel better about your crazy life and not wigged out about mine...haha...maybe a little of both.
Anyway, as I was driving to work and processing all of those "happenings," I thought about how busted up I felt, how broken...I mean, girl can't even keep a cup of coffee still in her hand before 7 a.m...
and I thought about Mary...I thought about pregnancy and how it completely breaks a woman...it's not pretty....a woman's skin gets stretched beyond belief, labor causes extreme pain and trauma to a woman's body...Mary endured all of that...I don't think she just popped out Jesus with one good push and a laugh....I'm pretty sure she endured it all, in all it's pain and brokenness...the stretch marks, the pain of childbirth, the trauma of giving birth...
And yet, although (I hear) labor is painful and breaks a woman's body, it has a beautiful result...brokenness is beautiful. Beauty in the broken....Mary gave birth to a healthy baby boy, her baby boy...she brought forth life...her willingness to be broken produced the Savior of the World. In turn, what can our brokenness produce?
I am but a fragile human...I don't get it right every day....yesterday, I failed a lot...today I spilled coffee on my cow slippers and bedspread...I don't always think the right thoughts...I often say things that I shouldn't...I yell at my kids...and so much more...
I am busted and broken...my guess is that you are too....and we are beautiful. Because, in our brokenness, the Savior of the World is born again and again to people who desperately need healing. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
No comments:
Post a Comment