Monday, December 9, 2013

Life at the fullest!

One year ago, joy entered my world that almost cannot be put into words.  I will try to capture with words what it feels like to meet your flesh and blood for the first time.  My brother and his wife helped create the most beautiful little girl I've had the pleasure of meeting in my life.  Laying eyes on her for the first time was something miraculous.  Looking at my sister in law and my brother, faces full of hope and exhaustion, and of adrenaline....I was so proud of them for taking on the adventure of a first child...committing to the beginnings, middles, and ends of raising a child.  And every time I look into Miley's eyes, there is this knowing.  It's almost as if she knows that I belong to her and that she belongs to me.  It is a beautiful thing.  God knits new life together in shadows and secret....and when creation is birthed, it is whole and complete.  New life comes, and we get to experience an awakening, a newness of who we are, of who God is, and of what the world can be.

Thank you God for new life...and for a year of blessing, of reminding my family that new life comes every day, in the bright eyes of a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment