Does God ever catch you by surprise? Do you ever have moments that make your heart so full that you feel your eyes well up with tears? I love to watch my Daddy watch a Hallmark movie or music special on tv...he smiles as he watches and usually I can tell when his heart gets full.
Well, today God surprised me. I teach. I do what I do. I yell sometimes. I hug my kids. I want the best for them. Sometimes they drive me absolutely crazy. They had a dance today so you know they were all hyped out of their minds. Well, I'm still trying to get work out of them..."Sit yourself down and get going!" "Come on...you don't have to go to that party!" Sound familiar? In the middle of all of it, one of them starts singing...off key, but still. He said, "Miss Saunders, you know this song?" And in broken English he began to sing "Happy Birthday, Jesus." Yes, the child chose the cheesiest Christmas song...but I pulled it up and three little 9 year olds sat around and sang Happy Birthday Jesus in broken notes and language. I looked at him and his eyes were shining with tears. I almost lost it.
God is moving...and Christ still comes...through music, through broken English, through yelling and caring, through school walls, through hearts that are softened toward the spirit of God. Thank you, Jesus for putting me exactly where I needed to be today.
No comments:
Post a Comment