Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The 13th Day...

Happy Birthday to my dear friend Yudai!  December birthdays unite!  ;)

This morning I was listening to an eclectic mix of country, pop, Christmas music, sports radio, and a cd...I got tired of switching around so I landed on the cd...it was the music from the movie Once.  I started thinking about the movie and really listening to the words of the songs.  I don't know if you've seen the movie or not...hopefully this won't ruin anything for you.  Well, the movie is about a musician who has tried to "make it" unsuccessfully for a long time.  He's selling vacuum cleaners, the family business, his girlfriend has just left him, and he's pretty disappointed in life...his life.  And he doesn't know how to move forward, how to change things, how to have a different life...

And then one day he happens upon a woman...a vacuum cleaner brought them together...and he discovers that she plays the piano and sings...and they have these magical moments of making music together and it is as if the two reach a magical place...a place where they are fully themselves and lost in the art of creating beautiful music.  Well, they both end up "falling" for the other...and you kind of want them to get together because of what they share....but they end up figuring out that they aren't really in love with each other, but with the music that they've found together.  She believes in him...truly and honestly believes in him and the gift he's been given...she hopes for him...and he falls in love with that belief.  She loves what she sees in him...the art, the abandonment of making music, and getting caught up in it all...but she realizes that her family....giving her husband another chance and loving and caring for her daughter are more important than chasing abandonment.

Do you ever stop to try to comprehend the belief God has in you?  It's hard for me to comprehend love that runs that deeply?  I get a taste of it from my parents...I know that they believe in me, hope for me, and love me in a way that I don't fully understand yet...and God's love is greater than that.  Do I love people that way?  Do I even try?

And the love that God felt for his son...as a Father and as God....too much for my mortal mind to wrap itself around...

No comments:

Post a Comment