Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 9...

Honestly, it took me looking at the calendar to figure out that it is December 9...it is definitely Friday!  The mountains looked like cotton candy this morning...they were purpley-blue and the sky above them consisted of shades of pink and orange...I said (outloud) "Wow..."

I teach preschool choir...I have been teaching preschool choir off and on for 14 years now...whoa...started when I was 15...you do the math...some of the kids that I taught those first years are now in college.  Does time fly or what?

So, I was teaching this past week and we talked about good news versus bad news.  They gave me several examples of each and then we talked about Jesus coming to earth as a baby, dying for us, and God raising him from the dead.  Well, I didn't know they were listening so intently until one of my good friends called me last night and said she was asking her little girl "Who was born in Bethlehem?  Who died on a cross?  Who did God raise from the dead."  And her daughter answered "Jesus!  Jesus!  Jesus!"  Then to the question about God raising Jesus from death, she said, "Yeah, that was weird, but cool!"  Laura just thought she was being an incredibly thoughtful 4 year old, but then her daughter said, "That's what Melodie says!"  hahaha...like my theology for 4 year olds?!  Jesus is weird, but cool! 

That night, another kid said, "Yeah, Jesus came for everybody, but only the good people."  I hated to burst his bubble, but I said, "Well, actually, he came for bad people too."  You should have seen that little boy's face...jaw dropped open...he was speechless.

Jesus is weird, cool, and still gives grace...reflect on that for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment