I apologize for the delay in my reflections...it's not because I was slacking, but because I have no internet access at home and had to wait for the weekend to pass to get back on! :) So, three days at once here we go!
Saturday, December 3
Every morning of the week, I have a rather lengthy commute, around 35 minutes to school. Most mornings I am wrapped up in my own thoughts or so zoned out that I don't even pay attention to my surroundings...getting down the road is my aim. But, last week, there was one morning that I looked up and gave attention to the mountains. They were absolutely breath-taking...they were a crisp blue and so defined against the morning sky. I gasped slightly and tears welled in my eyes. I was overcome by creation, by the simplicity of something that is there every day, waiting for me to notice...
I wanted to take a picture...to capture the moment. But, all of a sudden, I drove into the valley and the mountains became veiled by thick, dense fog. The moment was gone, the beauty had disappeared...but had it? I had this light bulb moment when I realized that faith is the same...God gifts us with these moments of clarity--we see clearly for an instant, we don't doubt, we are immersed in the presence of God, we see, but for a moment, the beauty of God...
And then it is veiled...we experience death, we have a bad day, we pray and feel like the prayers rain back down on us, we stumble through steps of faith....and yet, we must remember the beauty that we once beheld...because it is there...just hidden perhaps for a moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment