Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 12

This morning I awoke quite drearily...don't know if that's a word or not, but go with me.  I usually wake up and pop out of bed...not happily and enthusiastically, but I don't mind the morning.  This morning, it was too cold, my bed was too warm, and it was soooo dark.  Anyway, I did get up after a minute, and had this thought,

"We all wake up, but we have to choose to get up."

Yes, my brain is a mystery sometimes...to think at 5:40 in the morning.  Andrew Peterson sings a song and some of the lyrics say, "Rise up O you sleeper!  The day of the dawn is upon you!  Rise up O you sleeper, awake!  He makes all things new!" 

As followers of Jesus, we have the Spirit of God coming to us every day...we talk circles around the second coming, and yet, the coming is happening every day...in preparation for the day that none of us really knows about.  We do know that we have been given this time, these days, these people, this work, these gifts, and on and on...and Jesus comes...advent happens in our lives every day.  Wake up!  But don't just wake up...get up!  The Spirit is within us...stirring us, spurring us on to greater things...have you chosen to get up today?

No comments:

Post a Comment